Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Fight to Frankfurt

We boarded the plane and everything went very smoothly! My first reaction was... WOW this thing is HUGE!! We went down three hallways... INSIDE of the plane! I was blown away! Well not literally. My grandparents and I all sat in the same row. I got the window seet, and my grandma sat next to me. There was an aisle and then my grandpa sat in the seet across the aisle. We had a 20 minute wait and I got comfertable and started to read and talk to my grandparents. I also spent some time praying and just thinking about my trip. The plane started to move and the big truck was pushing the plane backwards out off the dock. The plane got in line and then we watched a couple planes take off in front of us. It was really amazing to see how fast the move forward right away. IT was our turn and we pulled around and lined up. There was this huge explosion of sound, like those podracers in Star Wars starting up, and then we shot forward. I guess it takes a little more speed to life a bigger airplane :P

The view from the airplane was something else and I waved good bye to the U.S. as we started our journey. I'm not sure which lake we flew over, but for a while I could only see water. We flew over canada and then it got dark so all I could see was random clouds of orange light where ever there was a town. Then we got to the ocean because all the lights disappeared. I was way to excited to sleep on the plane so I decided to watch a movie. They didn't have the best selection. The first one that interested me was Twilight. I haven't seen it and I haven't even read the book, but everyone has been talking about it so I watched it. I wasn't very impressed... it was kind of cheesy. I mean seriously when the line "You are my life now" came with out very convincing emotion I pretty much locked in for a 5 out of 10. I then watched a couple other movies including the new James Bond movie, which was a lot better than Twilight.

The first bit of excitement on the plane happened when my Grandma got some ice cold water so she could take come pills. She set it on my tray and then closed hers and got her bag out to get the pills. When she opened the bag the flap bumped the water and it went all over my lap and under my legs and so I had a wet butt and a very weet front side. IT was quite shocking at first with it being cold water and all. I was able to dry the table up and then get a little bit of water from my pants, but I pretty much had to settle with having wet pants :P - Which was no big deal, it's life!

As we neared Frankfurt the sun started coming up and we saw a little bit of Scotland as we flew over. The clouds were very amazing and I wish I was able to take good pictures of the pinkness. The towns were amazing and I could see all the red roofs and the river and the hills. Landing in Frankfurt was really really hard on my ears! It was super uncomfertable and chewing gum really didn't help. I could barely even hear as the plane touched down! It was a goodlanding... a little rougher than most I have been on, but good! The first thing I noticed when we landed was that I couldn't read anymore!! Almost everything was in German! We got off the plane and went through costoms then we went and got our baggage. I didn't have any trouble finding mine and then we went and met my uncle and we loaded up our stuff in his van.

I just thought I would let everyone reading this know that my blog posts probably won't always be this long! But I have the time right now, so I might as well give the details :)

My adventure continues with.... Germany: day 1 :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all this stuff Sky- It's fun to read and I feel like I was right there beside you! Have a great day! :)