Thursday, March 19, 2009

Plane flight number 1

I finished packing Tuesday morning around 6:00 in the morning. My alarm went off at the wrong time, I guess I was too excited and wasn't paying attention or something, so I was up around 5:00 in the morning. I finished every last little thing I could think of and then we were out there door. We arrived at the airport right on time and faced our first problem when we couldn't get the gate to open for us, but we soon figured it out. I checked my baggage in and waved goodbye to it. Then I waited around for a little bit with my family and then we had a huddle (that's what us Ogrens call a prayer when we leave) and had hugs all around. I walked through security with out setting anything off and proceeded to my gate which was 50 ft from where I was sitting before I went through security! Small airport!

I sat there for about 10 minutes looking around and then the plane started bording. I walked down the hall and I started to feel this trip becoming real! I was actually on my first flight all alone and everything was going great! Then right before I enetered the airplane I had to stand on the little platform inbetween and got sprayed with a ton of wind coming from the planes. I got on and found my seet next to the window and waited there. Then the lady that had the seet next to me sat down and we started to talk. Turns out she was the daughter of some really good friends of my parents and knew me! Talk about a small world! It was fun to talk about homeschooling and college and stuff. I got her card and that was person number one that I was to meet! It was a good take off and landing, but my ears had a little trouble landing. I chewed some gum to help with it and it made them feel a little better.

That was my first flight! And if you thought that was exciting you should read about my next adventure... The Detroit airport! :)

No comments: